Grey Deck Cleaner

GREY DECK CLEANER is a powerful wood cleaner, ideal for cleaning grey or blackened timber caused by weathering.  It removes the stain, dirt and mould from timber.  The result is a clean timber surface ready for clear finishing.

Recommended Uses

GREY DECK CLEANER is ideal for use as a deck wash for cleaning grey or blackened

 

Grey Deck Cleaner Wood Cleaner

decks and all other exterior woodwork.  It can be used on all types of timber and is especially useful for cleaning blackened and weathered Western Red Cedar weatherboards. Timber which has been previously coated with Linseed Oil or some other similar finish, may require vigorous scrubbing with Oxalic Acid to clean off the discolouration.

grey_deck_cleaner_wood_cleaner_by_presch

Directions For Use

  1. Dissolve 500 g of GREY DECK CLEANER in 5 litres of water (i.e. a 10% solution).

  2. Using a stiff brush, clean weathered timber using the mixed solution.

  3. Wash the timber down thoroughly afterwards with water or a high pressure cleaner. This process may have to be repeated for timber that has weathered for some time.

  4. Ensure timber being cleaned is allowed sufficient time to dry before application of oils or paints.

Coverage

1 KG of Preschem GREY DECK CLEANER when made into solution will treat approximately 18-20 m2

Clean Up

Clean applicators in water.

Technical Data

AppearanceTransparent white crystals

Molecular Weight126

Melting Point101°C

Specific Gravity1.65

OdourNil

Packaging

Grey Deck Cleaner is packaged in 1kg plastic jars.

First Aid and Safety Directions

The oxalic acid crystals are poisonous and are corrosive to the skin and eyes, wear gloves when handling the crystals and the diluted solution. Avoid contact with skin. Do not spray the solution, as the mist is a severe irritant to the respiratory tract. Store in a cool dry place and out of direct sunlight. Store away from oxidising agents and food stuffs. Was contaminated skin with plenty of water. Irrigate eyes with copious quantities of water for at least 15 minutes. If ingested give water to drink. Do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical assistance.

CAUTION: Reacts explosively with strong oxidising materials.